Followers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cold Chillin'

I dislike haircuts with a passion. This is something that I will always be sure of.

My haircut today, though, resulted in a few bruises and a fucked up head of hair.

My haircutter for today, a rotund woman reminiscent of a female IZ, had the pleasure of washing and cutting my hair today. First off, this lady was a heavy breather. And when I say heavy I mean fucking heavy. Like, I was scared she would breathe up all the air in SuperCuts and I would asphyxiate and die.

Second, I felt as if I had wronged her somehow, because as she was washing it, my head was jostled around by fingers that can be likened to arms of a newborn infant.

I am almost not exaggerating

So I have these ten baby nubs thrashing me around for way too long while I hear her grunting and breathing audibly. Not a fun time, and we hadn't even gotten to the meat of my reason for visiting. The noises, the pummeling, and the fact that her rusty-ass tools of her trade pulled my hair with every snip, made for a trifecta of unpleasant haircutting experiences.

I do enjoy IZ's cover of "Over the Rainbow", though.


I've always been a fan of PBF comics ever since I heard about them a few years back. Unfortunately, the artist isn't making any new comics, but what he has made is fairly legit. Hey-oooo.

I have a chubster of a friend who has done this a few times



I'd say Bon Iver's Justin Vernon is is fairly well known. Like, he's not one of those bands that indiefucks throw on their non iPod music player to boost their cred. In any case, he's one of my favorites in all of his projects. C'mon skinny looove.


Listen at the end for the "ooWOOhoooO". It's my favorite part.

37 comments:

  1. i only get a haircut every 2 months. i really like short hair. having a long hair is messy and a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re:Stacks is one of my favourite songs, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmfao... I know exactly what your talking about, brovah. Haircuts and me never get along. I miss my asian ladies off base massaging my shoulders, and giving me a hot lather shave with the haircut for 5 bucks. Korean War brides are awesome.

    -JKane

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i totally feel you man. i have never gotten a good haircut in my life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just try and get your haircuts to a minimal. Shave your head bald yourself when it starts to grow again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude i feel you , i changed barbershops 5 times last year till i found one that didn't mess up my hair. Like i said didn't mess up my hair , expecting them to actually give me a decent haircut is out of the question .

    The comic is awesome but,the songs rather meh though :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. haircuts can be pretty minimal if you try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, after I went away to college I got my hair cut at an unfamiliar place a grand total of once. Hate strangers touching my hair >:( .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, I feel ya, I totallu hate getting a haircut. I don't think you should go to SuperCuts. And I also enjoy PBF and "Over the rainbow"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me that I have to get a haircut soon too... though I don't go to SuperCuts or First Choice or anywhere like that. They suck.

    Protip- find a barber. Someone you can get to know personally, your haircuts will improve 200%

    ReplyDelete
  11. i wish someone would take over the PBF legacy, the artist was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's why I've been cutting my own hair for years. Just get a pair of clippers and buzz away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haircuts do my head in, i just want to sit in silence

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never had a bat haircut experience. I feel sorry for you bro!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the song. I always just keep my hair short

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great man, although, longer hair cuts can be ok... Short hair for me always :)

    Great song as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate haircuts too. most of the time they mess up, and I look bad for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bro do you have ADD? This blog is so erratic it catches my attention perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the comics you always post on here. Keep up the work mate.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Funny comics man keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice, Bon Iver is the shit. I just posted this same song on my blog recently. It's my girlfriend and I's favorite :]

    ReplyDelete
  22. @flippy nice, you and your girlfriend have good taste. I am pretty sure I saw your post on that
    @ultra haha no I'm not ADD. At least I don't think so... My blog does seem like it though, huh?
    @richie I know, he posted the latest one at least a year ago. I don't know if anyone could fill his shoes, though
    @greenway228 and everyone else talking about haircuts: I had medium length shaggy hair for the longest time, so to have it so short now is a harrowing experience for me .__.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I laughed at that PBF comic; yeah Bon Iver is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh barber shops, how do you still exist when a haircut going as planned is always a 50/50 chance?

    Nice music though, I'm looking for more now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. If you can try to pull off a shaved head, its good if your in a hot and humid area. The picture in my profile was taken last year, back when I had "Rad" hair, now its back to black lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really enjoyed this post, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have like 5 versions of over the rainbow on my computer =p

    ReplyDelete
  28. maybe you hate haircuts because you keep going to the same lady for years and expect something to be different. it's time for a change! go to something trendy, most times it'll be overpriced... but those chicks know what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete